Monday, October 3, 2011

Week 10 and my spelling is trashed

I thought pregnancy brain was a slightly blown out of proportion ailment. I mean, as a non-pregnant person, I was forgetful and scatterbrained at times. That's just being ditzy. However, in the past week and a half, I've felt like an 80 year old in need of some ginkgo biloba. There are little brain fuzzies clogging up my thought process.

Conversations have been difficult as my vocabulary has seriously dwindled. Yesterday I couldn't summon the words "cookie sheet," "cooling rack" or "couch." (Maybe it's a C-words thing?) These things by themselves wouldn't be so bad, but now I can't spell either. Today alone I have racked up two glaring spelling errors on Facebook — and I'm a copy editor! What does this say about my reliability at work? I'm an occupational hazard.



I stand before you declaring that pregnancy brain is not a myth and that it had greatly affected my verbal/written capacity. I'm not responsible for any typos in this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment