Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Slobber in style


At about the two-month mark, Preston sprung a leak. Gallons of drool have been pouring out of the kid's mouth ever since. His shirts look like he's entering himself in a one-man wet T-shirt contest. When we were dealing with the drought, I thought about sitting him in the yard to single-mouthedly water the lawn (Just kidding, CPS).

The unfortunate thing is that most bibs are pretty ugly. I mean, if he's got to wear it all day, shouldn't it be cute and not terry cloth with a lizard or some saying about the dirtiness of his diaper. ("iPood." Really?)

I discovered these bandana bibs on Etsy in my search for cute bibs, and I love how they look like little scarves instead of a snap-on towel. The $24 price tag is keeping me from throwing them in my virtual shopping cart and clicking "Buy now!" — plus, I think they'd be very easy for someone with limited sewing skills (me) to make. (Here's a nice little tutorial, too!)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go mop up after my baby.


Images via Francesca Baby on Etsy

2 comments:

  1. Same slobbery story here! I found some similar triangular bibs at H&M, you can order a pack of two online for 5 bucks. They are smaller than the owns shown in the article but most of the time they do the trick. Which is a huge plus for someone with no sewing-skills at all (me).

    ReplyDelete