Friday, July 5, 2013

Day one

We finally moved into our new house over the weekend. It was no small feat, moving a week sooner than we expected, but (BIG) thanks to the in-laws, we got everything accomplished.

Sunday was our first full day in the house, so I thought it would be fun to document what it looked like then. (Translation: Young House Love did it, and I wanted to, too.) The house is a new construction, so there's not a lot that needs fixing or updating, but I think it will be neat to look back and compare how we make it feel like home once we're settled in and everything is in it's place.

^^^From the outside^^^

^^^Kitchen, when entering from the garage^^^ 

^^^Kitchen, looking from the living room^^^

^^^One more of the kitchen^^^

 ^^^Living room^^^

 ^^^Dining room and front door from the living room^^^

 ^^^Master bedroom^^^

^^^Closet^^^

 ^^^Office^^^

 ^^^Guest room^^^

 ^^^Guest/Preston's bathroom^^^

^^^Preston's room^^^

^^^And one of Pres, who wanted to make sure he was moved, too.^^^

I failed to get a picture of the garage, which is where the true chaos was with the majority of the boxes and things that had yet to be placed in there. This week, we've slowly been bringing in boxes, emptying their contents, and taking the boxes back out to the garage. The house is finally starting to take shape, feeling more like home every day. I promise more (and better/cleaner) pictures once everything is in place.

1 comment:

  1. The house is so beautiful! Are you guys still in Searcy? I guess I'll need your new address!

    ReplyDelete