I have a tendency to wear and re-wear a select number of items in my wardrobe. I've selected my three favorites that have proven themselves time and again and have earned the title of MVP.
J.Crew shawl cardigan
I've had this sweater for five or so years now, and I bust it out as soon as the temperatures drop. It's extremely cozy and yet still looks pulled together. I remember Stacy and Clinton on "What Not to Wear" preaching a "rule of three" where an outfit needs three pieces to feel complete. This is all to often my third piece, going over any and every shirt I own. It's held up well, although it is a little pilly— something I've noticed and been frustrated with other J.Crew sweaters in the past. But I love it just the same and will probably wear it until it's just a collection of fuzz balls, string, and a button.
Boden Bistro Cropped Trousers
These are a new find that quickly found a space in my heart. I have never been a big dress pants fan. They just never looked right on me, especially in the once-popular wide leg variety. I looked like Sponge Bob because, with my leg length, those things were basically square. These Boden pants, however, changed my mind. I love the skinny fit and slight crop, which gives them an Audrey Hepburn feel, and they come in a variety of prints and colors. I have a basic black, navy polka dot that helped me ease into the patterned pants world, and a hot pink pair. They also have a bud print and yellow polka dot print that are calling my name.
J.Crew glass bead ribbon necklace
This is my every necklace. The glass beads allow it to match anything and take on the color of what I'm wearing, the ribbon lets me make it as short or as long as I'd like, and the bauble gives it enough sparkle to appease my inner magpie. I have to make a conscious effort to not wear it every single day because I easily could.
What are your closet MVPs? A perfectly transitional dress? A bright pair of shoes? What do I need to add to my arsenal?
Also, I've made a pin board of my closet MVPs or similar items so you can scoop them up yourself if you're so inclined.



That necklace looks like something I would wear every day if I could too! So versatile! Also, when did you change your blog design? I love it! And if you changed it a long time ago, I feel bad for not noticing till now. lol
ReplyDeleteThank you! I changed it a few weeks ago, so it hasn't been long at all. No need to feel bad!
ReplyDelete