If you haven't already found one of these in your mailbox (or we didn't send you one — awkward), this little lovely is the 2010 Hannigan Christmas card.
I didn't think about it until the batch arrived and I started stuffing them into envelopes, but is it a little conceited that beside a picture of us we have, in large type, the word "joy"? That joy is easily attained just by finding our faces in your mailbox? However, we are the couple who, for our first Christmas, gave picture frames to our family members so that they would be able to frame and display our wedding pictures. (Hey, we'd just gotten married 10 days before!) And then, for our second Christmas, we gave pictures of ourselves to our family members (these were also accompanied by frames, this time Christmas themed).
So, are we vain? Well, when you look this good, I like to think of it as a public service.
(Sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate into type very well, so might I emphasize that that last line is meant to drip with it. Add a heavy eye roll just to drive home the point.)
And while we're on the subject of Christmas cards, here is how we're displaying ours this year. It beats laying them along the kitchen counter like last year. Do you see yours?

I see mine!!! And not to ruin my family's Christmas, but let's just say we were QUITE vain this year as well. :) Where did you get that wreath/display thing? Love! Merry Christmas you not-at-all vain and beautiful girl (woman?) !
ReplyDeleteWhere is the "like" button. Very well said.
ReplyDeleteWhere is the "like" button. Very well said.
ReplyDeleteI see mine!!! And not to ruin my family's Christmas, but let's just say we were QUITE vain this year as well. :) Where did you get that wreath/display thing? Love! Merry Christmas you not-at-all vain and beautiful girl (woman?) !
ReplyDelete