Monday, August 22, 2011

Dream coats

I hate winter. I hate being cold. So it comes as no surprise that I absolutely love coats, scarves, hats, mittens and all that other puffed up warmness. While flipping through my September issue of InStyle, I came across this ad for the prettiest camel coat from LOFT. All last winter I searched high and low for the perfect camel coat, and here she was. I swooned. In fact, I'm still swooning. Excuse me a minute...


OK, where was I? Oh yeah, the coat. 

While I was composing a sonnet for this beauty, Scott firmly told me no more coats and that I had plenty. Running through the list in my head, it doesn't seem like that many — a black one, a green one, a navy one, a trench, plus a few jackets, blazers and pull-overs — but compared to Scott's one, I guess it can seem a little excessive. 

Surely by the time I wear him down on his no-coats stance, this one will be on sale. But until that day comes, here are a few other swoon-worthy coats I've got my eyes on, if price wasn't an issue.

{1, 2, 3, 4, 5}
What clothing item are you addicted to?

5 comments:

  1. umm #1 is beautiful! and also, in that same LOFT spread in InStyle is this gorgeous chunky knit open sweater. GORGE. i'm totally dreaming of it for fall/winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I have that coat.  Don't hate me haha.  I got it for life in Boston, and it's my favorite!  It doesn't really hold up when it's 2 degrees outside with 8 inches of snow on the ground (that's parka weather), but in the late fall and early spring, it was perf!  And best attribute -- very warm and layerable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I loved that, too! Sweaters are probably my second clothing addiction. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't hate you, but I may be raiding your closet at some point! What makes it even better is that it never gets 2 degrees here. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coats, boots, and turtlenecks get me in so much trouble...

    ReplyDelete