Friday, September 16, 2011

His and hers: Coffee table books


On our coffee table, Scott and I have each picked out a coffee table book to add to the pile of magazines and other knick knacks that are drawn to that space during the week.

Scott's addition to the table is Jimmy Fallon's Thank You Notes. Each Friday on his show, Jimmy "catches up with his correspondence" and writes thank you notes to various things, and this book is a collection of those. Such recipients include the Dog Snuggie ("Thank you, Dog Snuggie, for allowing us to embarrass animals in a way I never imagined possible. You did it. Thanks for that."), slow walking families ("Thank you, slow walking family in front of me on the sidewalk. No, please, take your time. And definitely spread out, too, so you create a barricade of idiots. I am so thankful that you forced me to walk in the street and risk getting hit by a car in order to pass you so I could resume walking at a normal human pace."), and preseason football ("Thank you, preseason football, for having all the excitement, commercials, and time-outs of the regular season, but with none of it mattering. I appreciate it. Thank you."). 

My contribution is Boo: The Life of the World's Cutest Dog. In this book, Boo dresses up, plays hide and seek, and eats chips and salsa with his friend, Buddy. Boo and I have a lot in common. We each have adorable faces placed on disproportionately large heads. What's not to love, right? And while Scott and I aren't dog people (a terrible thing to announce to the world, I know), this book brings all the joys of dogs (their adorableness) without the hassle of them (the eating, pooping, yipping, etc.). 

Your turn! What's on your coffee table? 

No comments:

Post a Comment