Wednesday, September 7, 2011
College game day
Giddy with the excitement of two children on Christmas eve, Scott and I just couldn't take it any longer and made the trip to Fayetteville Friday night. We had been waiting for the first kick off since January, and the time had finally come!
Saturday was full of the game day traditions we'd come to love last year and miss during the off season. We hit up our favorite bookstore as well as some really neat shops in downtown Fayetteville. If you've ever found yourself lacking in Razorback apparel, that is definitely the place to go. Plus, there was a speciality knitting and crochet shop there, too! I was in heaven.
For lunch, we went to the Catfish Hole, a favorite restaurant for all things Southern and fried. It was a special occasion, though, as they were hosting basketball coach Mike Anderson and a potential future Razorback basketball player. The enthusiasm of the announcer was pretty entertaining. It was like a religious revival. The former assistant coach of our national championship winning days come home to restore the glory to Bud Walton Arena! Can I get an amen?!
We also got our picture with Mike Anderson, not before I made a fool out of myself trying to shake his hand with the hand I was also holding my sucker with. This one definitely gets to go on the bookshelf next to the one of D.J.!
Afterward, it was game time! We walloped the other team (as to be expected) and had a great time in our old seats just like old times. There was lots of woo pig-ing and finger wiggling, plus a couple of amazing punt returns by Joe Adams. Will this season be our championship year? If everyone we play is like Missouri State, I don't see why not! (We're not that lucky though.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment