Thursday, February 23, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

My Nashville baby shower. The amazing hostess (and my second mom) Sandra, Lindsey, me. Courtney, Leslie, and my mom.
 Awkward:
- Having to apologize to my teacher Monday night for the horrible spelling on my quiz. Pregnancy brain is fully dependent on spell check.
- Being completely unable to cross my legs anymore. I feel so unladylike trying to force my knees to stay together. I need a Thigh Master to prepare those muscles next time.
- Attending a breast feeding class at the hospital. It was probably more awkward for Scott as the only male in the room, but the teacher praised him for his being there and the support he was giving me. I say he was the only male; there was actually another guy lurking in the hall for a time, trying to get a sneak peak. Joke's on you, creeper. All that he saw on the PowerPoint was different kinds of bottles.


Awesome:
- The amazing baby shower thrown for me at my home congregation in Nashville. It was amazing how many people showed up and all of the gifts we received. We couldn't even get them all back home! They were just material representations of all the love I have received from that congregation in my life. I felt very blessed.
- A sweet lady at church whom I've never spoken to grabbed me in the hall to tell me how cute I looked. "It's not easy looking that cute, especially while pregnant, but you do!" I wanted to tell her how it's not easy to feel cute, either, and that she definitely helped with that.
- Having my Thursday night class cancelled. It's the little things, like not having to sit in an uncomfortable chair from 7-9:30 p.m., that make it all worth while.


2 comments:

  1. I definitely have to agree, you look totally amazing! Umm, and love the dress...pretty sure I didn't find anything that cute while I was preggo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It took a lot of hunting to find it — and a couple of Christmas gift cards I had hoarded away. :)

    ReplyDelete