Saturday kicked off the start of Arkansas football in our house. It was like Christmas with the excitement buzzing in the air. It was a little bittersweet, though, as this was the first time in two years Scott and I were watching a Fayetteville game on TV and not from our seats in the stadium, but it was just as nice being at home with our little guy watching from the comfort of our couch. Preston got in on the action wearing his Razorback onesie — the very first thing we ever bought him, back when he was just the size of a blueberry and was simply called "the baby."
I attempted some Razorback sugar cookies for the festivities, and, while the cookies turned out great, my first foray into royal icing did not. Not only did I make entirely to much in my efforts to make it thick enough to pipe, but, thanks to the large quantity, it was impossible to turn it red. One whole bottle of red food coloring later, and the icing still looked like Pepto Bismol.
Aside from the giant pink mess, our first game day as a family of three was great. Preston enjoyed watching us call the Hogs and singing the fight song. Although, by the end of the day, I think he'd had enough.




No comments:
Post a Comment