Monday, September 24, 2012

Parmesan chicken with Caesar roasted romaine



When I cook, I leave billions of dirty dishes in my wake. The problem is that I hate doing dishes. So, in looking for weeknight meals, I try to find one-dish-dirting recipes. Slightly adapted from this Bon Appetit recipe, this recipe actually dirties only the plates you eat it on if you play your cards right, thanks to a prepackaged breadcrumb mix and nonstick foil.

What you'll need:
Skinless, boneless chicken breasts (the Kraft mix covers up to four pieces, but I only use two since it's just the two of us eating)
Kraft Fresh Take breadcrumbs and cheese bag in Italian Parmesan
Large hearts of romaine, halved lengthwise (1 heart = 2 people fed. You do the math.)
Salt and pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh chopped garlic or garlic powder
Caesar dressing
Lemon, cut into wedges

Take a sheet pan and line it with nonstick foil. Instead of moistening the chicken with water like the Kraft mix suggests, spread a thin layer of Caesar dressing on either side of the chicken then coat as directed on the pouch. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Remove and place the halved romaine hearts around the chicken, seasoning with salt, pepper and garlic with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the lettuce is wilted and charred. Serve with additional Caesar dressing and lemon.

Now, with all that time you saved, you can prop your feet up and watch DVR-ed episodes of "Gilmore Girls" in peace.

1 comment:

  1. haha i love the inspiration for dirtying your dishes! http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete