Friday, October 25, 2013

Weekend planner

I don't know which makes me happier — that it's the weekend or that it finally feels like fall. Who am I kidding? I'm happiest that it's the weekend. Here's what we'll be up to.

1. First order of business: It's time to decorate the porch. I'm planning on picking up some mums and maybe a pumpkin so that our porch can get with the season.

2. It's Homecoming weekend! Sometimes the ceremony of Homecoming or these other events that bring alumni back is lost on me since I work here, too. Living here, coming here every day can take away from that feeling of nostalgia because, now, it's been the office longer than it was my school. But Homecoming helps me see the university as an alumni and not an employee — once all of the publications are properly edited, of course. I'm excited to take Preston to the family picnic and the petting zoo, with lots of hand sanitizer in tow, and to finally get to see a football game this season.

3. 'Tis the season for pumpkin-flavored everything, so I think I'll make this pumpkin coffee cake this weekend, too. How can you say no to that streusel topping? (Says the girl who eats brown sugar all by itself.)

Plus, Preston will get to wear his Peter Pan costume to the church's fall festival on Sunday.

What are your weekend plans? Anything particularly fall-ish?

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment