Thursday, December 5, 2013

Snow day preparations

Grab some blankets and bread. The iceman cometh!

If you're anywhere in Arkansas, you know the end times are fast approaching. And by end times, I mean winter weather. Next to tornado season, I think this is the local weathermen's favorite time of the year when it comes to panic-enducing forecasts and serious storm team commercials.

Here in town, Walmart's bread, egg and milk supply are completely wiped out. (Why are french toast ingredients snow day essentials?) And, I'll admit, I'm following the herd mentality and will stop by the store on the way home just in case. If it does get bad, I'm looking forward to being snug at home, curled under blankets with my family, drinking hot chocolate, making a big pot of soup, and streaming Netflix.

Now, all of these sweet snow day dreams are completely contingent on no power failures. We have some candles and two dinky flashlights, but we're underprepared for any thing lasting more than an evening, especially since we are without a fireplace and our only means of cooking would be the grill outside.

So, in case the power does go out, who would like to keep a sweet baby and his parents for the duration? We might become hotel dwellers at the university's hotel and eat in the cafeteria. Anything for warmth and wifi!

What are your severe winter storm plans? Want to bunk with us in the hotel if things get rough?

Photo source: blankets

No comments:

Post a Comment