Friday, December 13, 2013
Weekend 1-2-3
1. I (finally) graduate with my master's in education Saturday. I remember sitting in the graduate director's office two years ago as she wrote "Projected graduation date: 2013" on my course list. 2013 seemed like an eternity away! We'd be living in a Jetsons' world by then. But, here at the end, it didn't feel nearly that long. My motto through the program has been "I can do anything for a little while," taking classes while nine months pregnant, working on a paper while nursing a baby, or balancing teaching a class and taking a class, I could do it because it was just for a little while. My family and Scott's family are coming for the weekend, so I'm looking forward to celebrating with them and not having to think about APA style for a while.
2. Now that I'm about to have more free time, I would like to actually read a book I chose rather than one assigned. This list review of several books from 2013 seems like a good place to start; I'd also like to read a few books that have been or are being adapted to movies, such as The Book Thief, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Serena.
3. On Sunday, Scott and I will have been married six years. I'll try to steer clear of too much mush here, but I am thankful to have had him by my side during these past six years. He's been incredibly supportive of me while I've been in grad school and has had to adjust his life to its schedule, too. They say that a marriage is a team, and he has been an incredible teammate, and that's something I've been extremely thankful for in this past year. I couldn't have done it without him.
I hope you have a educational, literary, celebratory weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment