I need fall. I'm craving it. After last week's game, I decided that it's just not right to sit out at a football game and sweat. We're halfway through September, and the five day forecast is still showing highs of 95 with the words "hot" set on fire below them. The temperature needs to start dropping — soon.
Here are the autumnal additions that I'm aching for most:
Being curled up on the couch making full use of the fireplace
The return of sweater weather
While we're on the subject of clothes, let's include tights, boots, scarves, and jackets
Carving pumpkins
Nights spent around the bonfire and the smell of smoke lingering in my hair
Sipping apple cider
Saying bye-bye to humidity and hello to bright leaves
Brisk mornings
Making these muffins (really, anything pumpkin or apple flavored hits the spot)
Thanksgiving and the turkey-coma that follows
Football games where you don't sweat
Oh, and my other favorite cool weather option: The turtleneck
I'm shaking my fist at you, global warming. You're crushing my fall dreams.




Pumpkins and apple cider.... oh, I needed these things today. Fall can't get here soon enough...
ReplyDeleteI'm craving fall too! This Colorado sunshine is wonderful, but I am missing my Seattle gloom. I want to wear my autumn clothes! :) I guess I'll be missing the sun in no time at all though...
ReplyDeleteOoh sweater and apple ciders sound so nice. What's with all this hot weather, it's 80 today in Vancouver!
ReplyDeletelove the sweater in the first picture!
ReplyDeletethese are totally inspirations for the fall!
Cheers, B & Liv
www.blivbook.blogspot.com
B L I V B O O K: darling&diva ♥
love the sweater in the first picture!
ReplyDeletethese are totally inspirations for the fall!
Cheers, B & Liv
www.blivbook.blogspot.com
B L I V B O O K: darling&diva ♥
Ooh sweater and apple ciders sound so nice. What's with all this hot weather, it's 80 today in Vancouver!
ReplyDelete