(Title source, Gilmore Girls. Luke: "I don't even like kids. They're always sticky like they've got jam on their hands. Even if there's no jam in the house, somehow, they've always got jam on their hands! I'm not the right guy to deal with that. I have no patience for jam hands!")
Saturday night I realized that I needed to make food for our Sunday morning class. Not wanting to reach for muffin mix or buy something pre-made at the store, I decided to try one of the recipes I'd been eyeing over at the Pioneer Woman, my latest obsession.
So I made these apricot bars.
![]() |
| Photo from ThePioneerWoman.com |
Jelly + brown sugar + butter + oats = gooooood. (That's math I can use!)
It was pretty foolproof, and it used a whole jar of jam — which ranks under Nutella on my list of "Things I could eat by the jarful."
Joey and I have that in common (the love of jam, not the UPS girl as mentioned in the clip below).
(Just watch to about 10:45 or so, unless you want to watch the rest of the episode, and, really, who could fault you for that?)
Other than that, we didn't do much this weekend.
What are your feelings toward weekends, jam hands, and poorly lit cell phone pictures taken from the couch?



Those bars look soo yummy! I love that quote about jam hands... so true! :)
ReplyDeleteYour apricot bars look and sound so yummy! Have a sweet day!
ReplyDeleteYour apricot bars look and sound so yummy! Have a sweet day!
ReplyDeleteThose bars look soo yummy! I love that quote about jam hands... so true! :)
ReplyDelete