We tackled the easiest room first: the bathroom.
Or at least, we thought it'd be easy. It took several failed trips to Target, all of which ended in throwing our hands up in frustration or gnashing of teeth, before we finally found what we'd been looking for.
First, here's what we were working with.
This bathroom started out as the catch-all from our apartment bathroom. When we moved, we got new things for the master bath and gave this one all the hand-me-downs. Our original shower curtain was pretty much the same color as the walls, though; so, in yet another frustration-filled Target stop, we bought this typeface one just to have something. It didn't help much.
Now the bathroom as a little life to it — the design equivalent of pinching your cheeks to get that fresh, awake look to your face. However, here is where we've reached a dead end. We're still looking for something to hang over the toilet, but we just can't settle (OK, it's more like agree) on what. Any suggestions are appreciated. (Scott's stipulation is that it can't be something you'd find if you Googled "bathroom decor.")
Put a cross or a scripture above it! I'll do some research. :)
ReplyDeleteAw I love the shower curtain!! So pretty! If I were you I'd add an etagere. Another thing would be to hang a nice piece of art. Whether it is something you two buy or make, custom art adds a fancy touch and interest. Plus it reflects a little bit about who you are. Just my two cents though! I know whatever you do it will be adorable! You guys have great taste! :)
ReplyDeleteAw I love the shower curtain!! So pretty! If I were you I'd add an etagere. Another thing would be to hang a nice piece of art. Whether it is something you two buy or make, custom art adds a fancy touch and interest. Plus it reflects a little bit about who you are. Just my two cents though! I know whatever you do it will be adorable! You guys have great taste! :)
ReplyDelete