Imagine my surprise this morning when I was scrolling through my Google Reader, a bowl of Cocoa Puffs balanced on my belly, when I saw my blog banner and a picture of my boots on The Little Things We Do. I had submitted some of my own Friday blanks to help Lauren along after the birth of her precious daughter, Fern.
Lauren has been one of my favorite blogs for a long time. She was a few months ahead of me in her pregnancy, so when Scott and I first found out we were expecting, I emailed her a bunch of questions. It was nice to talk to someone about what was to come when we weren't openly telling others about it yet.
So, I think it's only fitting that I fill in my own blanks now!
1. My favorite room in my home is our living room because I'm a huge fan of our couch, and that's where it's located. Plus it's where all of our friends hang out when they're over, movie watching takes place, and Sunday afternoon napping occurs.
2. My current decor style is modern rustic (?). but I wish it were more focused. I would love to fully embrace this concept — wooden planked ceilings, cozy knit pillows, the works. I guess that's all something for the dream home.
3. I wish I could redecorate the office in my house to make it more purposeful. Right now we have a wall of bookcases, a couch, computer desk, an ironing board, and drying rack in our office. It just looks cluttered. I'd love to have an office straight out of Architectural Digest.
4. My dream house absolutely has to have an awesome master bathroom. I'd love a giant tub separate from the shower and a sink far away from Scott's so he can't complain about my makeup, hair spray, and contact solution making a mess.
5. One house item I am willing to splurge on is good furniture. I think this is sort of obvious, but when we moved into our home three years ago, we had a Target coffee table and Walmart kitchen table — not to mention no bedroom furniture to speak of. When we started shopping for new stuff, we decided to spend now and have the pieces for the rest of our lives.
6. A decor trend that I just don't "get" is all white everything. This usually includes some type of fuzzy white rug, and I just picture hairballs getting trapped in that.
7. Bath and Body Works' lavender chamomile-scented candles are a little touch that makes my house feel like home.
Thanks for using my blanks, Lauren!
Found your blog thanks to Lauren. You are so cute! I love to fill in the blanks and plan on doing mine this afternoon. I'm your newest follower and plan on finding you soon on Instagram! :)
ReplyDeleteWhen it comes to your bathroom or kitchen countertops, formica countertops always make an excellent yet inexpensive choice.
ReplyDelete