Friday, March 9, 2012

March photo a day: Days 1-9

I don't think just because I have an Instagram app on my iPod that I am now the world's best photographer, but I have enjoyed these monthly photo "challenges" as a way to stretch how I see what is around me and to help me grow in my creativity. Here's what I've captured so far.


1. Up: I guess it could also work as "down," depending on your destination.
2. Fruit: While taking this picture, I was still less awkward than that singing stock girl who's always in produce. You know the one.


3. My neighborhood
4. My bedside: My favorite part is the frog figurine from my 12-year-old cousin. When she gave it to me at Christmas 2010, she said, "The pink one is you, the blue one is Scotty, and the dragonfly is the baby that you still don't have yet." She was ready for a baby to play with. Like they say, be careful what you wish for.


5. Smile
6. 5 p.m.(-ish): On my way home


7. Something you wore: House shoes and yoga pants. Few things feel better than that.
8. Window: Rain drops on a dreary day


9. Red

I hope you have a great weekend! Scott and I are going to celebrate his return to solid foods post wisdom teeth removal. Poor guy has been living off of milkshakes and soup for the past week (not that the milkshake part is all that bad).

Find me on Instagram, username jmhannigan.

2 comments:

  1.  I love seeing your photos for this challenge. I'm participating too over on my blog. :-) Also, Congratulations on your baby boy. We just had our first, a boy, this past October. Baby boys are so sweet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I burst out laughing at the singing produce girl comment! I know EXACTLY who you are talking about! 

    ReplyDelete