Monday, August 27, 2012
This baby
A year ago today, we were in Nashville for my birthday weekend, and I got the best birthday gift I've ever received.
I found out I was pregnant.
I'll never forget standing there in my old bedroom, looking at that pregnancy test, in shock of the plus sign — like a little X marking the spot where our lives changed forever.
That day we found out we were having a baby, but it would be seven months before we found out it was this baby.
This baby, with his bright blue eyes and sweet grin. This baby, who laughs at the word "hiccups," who manages to rotate 90 degrees in his bed every night, who never says no to "Do you want something to eat?" This baby, who loves to cuddle, kick and coo, splash in the bathtub, and be sung to. This baby, whom I can't imagine loving any more.
Yes, we were excited on that day because we were having a baby, but I'm so glad we got a Preston because he is just what we needed — the perfect addition to our little family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

how precious!
ReplyDelete