Thursday, August 2, 2012

Feeling a little flat

(A quick note before you get into the real post: You may notice the new layout — a little J.Crew-y, Anthropologie-ish piece of loveliness. If you're reading this in Google Reader, click on over and see it for yourself!)

Before I got pregnant, I wore heels to work every single day. Since I have a desk job, they weren't completely impractical — I wasn't running back and forth all day long. Plus, being 5 feet tall, they helped give me a little height, making me feel less like a college student around the university. However, once my pregnant belly started to expand, my coordination went down the tubes, and my feet swelled up like balloons. So I switched to flats — specifically the same pair of gold sandals every day from March to May. My feet stretched them beyond repair, and they've since gone on to shoe heaven — may their soles rest in piece.

Now that I'm back at work, I thought I would jump back into my heels with excitement, but my feet have grown accustomed to the comfort and ease of being level on the ground. Plus, carrying Preston in his car seat, plus all of my bags, into the house every afternoon is hard enough without having to maintain my balance.

Luckily for my feet, there are lots of cute flats out there to choose from, and they don't look like dowdy mom shoes. These are some of my favorites.

From top left: TargetJ.CrewJ.CrewTargetOld NavyOld NavyDSWDSWDSW

What about you? Are there certain things you though you had sworn off, only to discover you love them? 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the new look! And I LOVE the picture of Mr. Preston.

    ReplyDelete