Wednesday, November 13, 2013

'Tis the season … a little early


I'm not trying to step on Thanksgiving's toes (I know there are some who are quite militant about protecting the holiday from Christmas' encroachment), but I'm getting into the Christmas spirit early this year. We put up our tree a couple of weekends ago because it was the only time we had free, and now that Preston's tree is up, too, I just can't help getting excited.

Pinterest is also to partly to blame for my early excitement because it's chock-full of Christmasy crafts, gifts, decor, recipes, parties … the list goes on. I would love to make that vintage garland to wrap around the tree or drape over the buffet by our front door. And the card holder would be so easy to make and is a cute way to display Christmas cards. We have a wire wreath holder, but it doesn't showcase the cards like I'd hoped it would. A shadowbox would be an easy afternoon Christmas project and a great handmade gift. I've seen some half-filled with jingle bells that are cute, too. As always, Anthropologie has the best stuff, and I love their simple dishtowel. We've already bought a few gifts since we're doing Christmas at Thanksgiving with Scott's side of the family, and this gift record download is a great way to keep up with gift ideas and what's been purchased, wrapped and delivered. I'm terrible at picking gifts, so I need all the help I can get. Lastly, these gift tags would be a great finishing touch to the presents under the tree.

So where do you fall on the Thanksgiving/Christmas continuum? Are you a strict no fa-la-laing until after Thanksgiving or does your jack-o-lantern wear a Santa hat?

No comments:

Post a Comment