Thursday, January 2, 2014

Best of 2013

Lots of things happened in 2013. Big, life-changing, exciting things along with stressful, hair-pulling, crying things, too. Our little guy turned one and started walking (video evidence below), we moved, I graduated with my master's and taught a class, and we traveled a little and laughed a lot. 2013 was a good year, indeed.

As for what 2014 holds, we'll just have to wait and see. I've given up on resolutions of the "Run a 5K" or "lose 10 pounds" variety. Instead, I'm swapping the R-word for goals, and my goals for this year are to do my best to daily reflect Christ in my life, embrace a positive outlook and not allow negativity to work itself into places it doesn't belong, and focus on making time for the truly important things and not let the unimportant ones take over. They're vague and unmeasurable — the hallmark of a terrible resolution, I know — but it's more about shaping myself into a better person than checking off a list, I think.

Happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment