Monday, August 16, 2010

White Coat Weekend

This weekend, my sister embarked on her four year journey to become a Pharm.D. at Lipscomb University. Scott and I left for Nashville right after work on Thursday to spend the night with my Mimi before we made the rest of the trip to Nashville.
Good ol' Rocky Top...
Friday
Left my Mimi's house for Lipscomb
Arrived an hour early for Courtney's White Coat Ceremony (which, turns out, was really an hour and a half early because Mom was confused on the time, too)
Laughed as various people stumbled in getting their coat put on them
Putting on her giant coat
The dean (left) told Courtney they'd have to teach her how to smile after she cheesed it up the whole way across the stage.
After this picture she said, "I have a feeling I'm going to be a blog post."
Ate lunch in the Allen Arena
Fought my desire to combat everything with "But at Harding..."
Went shopping at Green Hills Mall afterward (love!) and got to go to J.Crew (more love!)
Realized the heels I wore to the ceremony were not walk-around-the-mall heels
Finally got to Mom and Dad's
Ate dinner with the family plus Courtney's friend Buddy.

I have to say that I'm very, very proud of Courtney. She was one of 77 admitted to the College of Pharmacy out of 900 applicants. She's really one of the smartest people I know. And, thanks to her ceremony, I now know the derivation of the word "ceremony" — always a good thing to have tucked away in your random trivia file.


Saturday
Scott and Dad got up early and went golfing
Mom, Courtney and I went Target-ing
Got an iPod Touch for my birthday (Words With Friends! Yay! My username is JenH829)
Went to Dad's office to get our eyes checked and tried on every pair of glasses on display
Ordered new sunglasses
Had dinner with the family plus Lindsey (who is basically family anyway)
Watched "Date Night" afterward

Sunday
Went to Woodson for church
Had lunch at Macaroni Grill with the Osbornes (all of us were together for the first time in forever!)
Got home and packed and prepared for the long, long drive ahead
Home sweet Arkansas
The view from my window for about two hours...
Dinnertime!
Finally arrived home
Played with my iPod and watched a few shows from the DVR
Dreaded Monday's arrival

Hope you, too, had a great weekend ... with or without a white coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment