Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

I'm blessed with two wonderful women I get to call "Mom." 

One rocked me to sleep while I cried from colic, brought blueberry muffins to school for my birthday, drove me to school when I hated the bus so much, hemmed hundreds of pants, skirts and dresses, taught me to drive, helped explain the subsequent hole in the garage wall to Daddy, taught me the thrill of a good sale with additional coupon, tried to teach me to cook, was patient with me through my sassy teenage years, taught me how to be sassy in the first place, encouraged me, squealed every time I came home, and whose kiss cured boo-boos and hurt feelings alike. And while I have been guilty of the eye roll and exasperated "Mom!" sigh in the past, the older I get, the more I value her and what she's done for me, the more I regret the eye-rolling, and the more I cherish my time with her and hate the miles between us. I am truly blessed to have my Momma.


The other did all of those things too, only for the man I married and not for myself. While most depict a mother-in-law as a woman critiquing your casseroles and house management, mine is far from that. Never once have I felt like I couldn't measure up to her standards. In fact, it's just the opposite. Sometimes I wonder if I'm as good as she says I am. Whatever the case may be, I am thankful just the same.

I hope that you all have a mom (or two) that you can celebrate this Mothers Day. I know I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment