"Three years," Scott said, looking down at his course schedule. "That's a long time." Scott had just enrolled in Harding's Master of Business Administration program with his projected graduation date set at May 2011. Sitting there on the couch in our apartment, three years seemed like forever. Who knows what the next three years would bring. Electric cars? 3D movies? A sandwich which substituted bread for two fried chicken breasts?
However, those three years seem to have flown by, and Saturday I found myself sitting in the bleachers of the Ganus watching Scott walk across the stage in his master's regalia, completing his three-year course of study — with a 4.0, no less! If you know me, then it's no surprise that I teared up several times.
I don't feel like "proud" — I word I've said multiple times in the past two days — does justice to how I feel toward Scott. He worked so hard, wanting to give up several times, even stooping so low as to ask my help on his homework, and yet he stuck with it and met his goal. Saturday he told me I was gushing, but how can I help myself when what he has accomplished was so gush-worthy?
| Both of our graduates! |
My sister Courtney also graduated Saturday, receiving her bachelor's in science. She's still got a few years of pharmacy school to go, and at the end of it all she'll be a doctor. She also had a 4.0. How you get all A's when you're taking cringeworthy classes like organic chemistry, I'll never know. But she did, and I'm so proud of her!
You can read more about graduation here as I blogged about it for the magazine — because you can never get enough graduation coverage, right?
And now for more pictures!
| Scott's family |
| My family with the Osborne family, who are basically my second family. |
| Me, Courtney, Leslie and Lindsey: We've been friends our whole lives! |
Hopefully in two years I'll have lots of pictures from my own master's graduation. That is if William Faulkner doesn't kill me first.
No comments:
Post a Comment