![]() |
| A little maternity picture bribery to keep you interested? [Cassie Jones Photography] |
Sometimes I feel like Matthew Broderick at the end of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." You're still here?
While I'd hate it if you left, I haven't really been the most hospitable hostess, posting less frequently as the big day approaches.
Lately, so much has been spinning around and happening that I haven't really had a moment to sit and contemplate it all. At the beginning of March, Scott started his new job as an Admission recruiter here at the University. His territory is Southwest Texas and Pulaski county in Arkansas. He's really loving the change, and I'm loving having him working just downstairs from me.
So that combined with the end of the semester and grad school projects coming due (Oh, hi, term paper. No, I haven't researched for you yet. Maybe in the middle of contractions in a couple of weeks? OK, see you then.) and getting loose ends tied up at work for my three-month hiatus has left me little room for this. And I apologize.
Luckily, we're pretty ready for Preston to get here. I mean, we have all the things we need for him, but I'm still at a loss for what to do when a baby is here and figuring him all out. In the car the other day, I was asking Scott, "How do you know when he's cold? How do you know if he's too hot?" And he (so helpfully) replied, "Well, I think sweat would be your cue if he's too hot."
His nursery is close to completion; we just lack a few frames on the walls and hanging the curtains. Plus we need to figure out how to put that carseat into the car. Otherwise, the hospital won't let us go home with him. They seem a little particular about that.
So, please, don't heed Bueller's words and go home (unless that's where you read this, then by all means stay). I promise I'll be a better hostess and at least set out a cheese plate or something to make you feel more welcome.

No comments:
Post a Comment