Sunday, April 15, 2012
Happy birthday, Scott!
We had been dating six months, and Scott's was the first birthday that we got to celebrate as a couple. I spent hours scouring the Internet for the perfect birthday gift to please his extremely picky tastes.
Would he really wear that shirt? Would he like this wallet? What about concert tickets? But to what? Gift cards aren't romantic, are they?
It took me a while to decide, but I ultimately did. Since then, getting to know Scott better hasn't made the gift buying process any easier. In fact, it's only increased in difficulty.
Around any gift-buying holiday, I'm always lamenting, "Scott! You're so hard to buy for!" Lately I've learned that this struggle to find the perfect gift is actually a complement to me. Because while he has extremely particular taste, at the end of it all, he chose me.
And when I realize that, I don't mind his pickiness at all.
Happy birthday to the love of my life! Thank you for being so picky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment