I recently read somewhere that "thank you" is the best prayer. It makes me enjoy this little exercise all the more.
I'm thankful for my parents. When I think about how much I love Preston, I get overwhelmed to think that they love me that much, too. I feel like I should tell them to stop, that I'm not that big of a deal, but I'm glad they do. Mom and Dad show me God's love — in their relationship with me and in their dealings with others. Neither are boastful about their actions, but both take a behind-the-scenes approach. I'm also thankful my parents didn't try to be the cool parents and say yes to everything. I never wanted for anything, but I never got everything I wanted, and as an adult now, I can see how unpleasant those other kids turned out.
So thanks, Mom and Dad, for being a great example of love, generosity, and kindness to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment