I've always fallen into the "I never win anything" category. Until lately, the best prize I'd ever won was a beach towel featuring a cartoon duck named Quacker who had a very short-lived children's book series. I did a killer duck impression. (I know it's hard to imagine, but I was a pretty big attention hog as a kid.)
However, thanks to my avid blog reading, I've won a couple of good prizes lately. (I'm proudest of my $50 JCrew gift card and $75 DSW gift card. Scott likes that I got a cardigan and two pairs of shoes for $10 total.) Scott and I were able to take advantage of another one of my winnings on Saturday — a free photo session with Cassie Jones Photography. I'm always giving Scott a hard time, saying we never get our picture taken, so I was very excited to toss every excuse he could come up with out the window. After all, you can't turn down free, right? (It was here that I was going to say how long it had been since we'd actually had our pictures taken professionally, but it wasn't a staggering amount of time and made my argument look weak, so we're going to leave that out.)
We had a great time with Cassie. It's great when your photographer is also a friend. It takes away the slight awkwardness that comes with lurking around downtown, PDA-ing* with your husband, and having someone staring at you from behind a camera. Because, honestly, what could be awkward about that?
Want to see more pictures of Scott and me looking unbearably adorable? Click here!
*"Public display of affection" for those who a) never went to church camp or b) never attended middle school.

No comments:
Post a Comment