This precious little ball of pink is Miss Elizabeth Hunter, the newest member of the Pruitt family. Hunter's mommy and daddy, McKenna and Michael, are our dearest couple friends ("couple friends": defined as those who are willing to spend most Sunday nights dining out and playing Friends Scene It!, who cause much laughter and happiness, and who share in the common joys and occasional difficulties in the blessed union of marriage, letting you know that most marriages don't look like those in the movies). Scott and I are so blessed to have them as our friends. After all, a couple who can recite an appropriate "Friends" quote for any situation is hard to find.
I know it's easy for me to say, seeing as I haven't been toting an ever-growing human inside of my body, but it seems like just yesterday that Michael and McKenna told us they were expecting and that Hunter was no bigger than a hockey puck (according to Tarzan’s Ultimate Guide To Baby Sizes Week-By-Week For Soon-To-Be Fathers). And now, here she is. Much cuter than a hockey puck.
Obviously, pregnancy usually ends in a baby and is not a permanent state (for which I'm sure McKenna is grateful), but it amazes me that yesterday there was no baby and today there is.
Hunter, I want you to know that, if you promise to hug me when you see me and make "Jennifer," "Jen" or any variation of my name at least your fifth word (I'll take "blsstt..." if that's the best you can manage), I will always have candy for you. And, if you bat your eyes just right and wrap your little hand around Scott's finger, I'm sure you and your magical baby ways could convince him to say "OK" to getting you a playmate sometime soon. Just saying.
Happy birthday, Hunter. Your mommy and daddy are pretty spectacular!
No comments:
Post a Comment