That's what Frankie says...
I let a lot of this present good go to waste pining for the future to hurry up and be here. I had a middle school teacher who would say "You're wishing your life away" whenever we'd whine that we were ready for that afternoon, ready for the weekend, ready for summer... there's a lot of wonderful that happens in those times we wish would hurry up and pass us by.
My new mantra is to relax and enjoy. There is a time for everything, after all, and I will not only accept but rejoice that this is my time to be wife, to have Scott all to myself, to get eight full hours of sleep. And when the next chapter comes, I won't regret that I missed a lot of good rushing to get somewhere else.

Sometimes I have no patience...and I wish I did. I really want a baby, but I sometimes wonder if I will regret not waiting until further in our marriage. I know that we can never get this time alone together again — time to travel, time to decide we want to take a road trip at the last minute, time to shop or eat or do anything we want, anytime we want. I love to shower Tommy with gifts, and I know that won't go away when we have a child. But it will change to some extent. Then we'll both be going crazy buying stuff for the baby!
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with you! Hang in there! It's 5:16, and work is over for the day! Woohoo!
Sometimes I have no patience...and I wish I did. I really want a baby, but I sometimes wonder if I will regret not waiting until further in our marriage. I know that we can never get this time alone together again — time to travel, time to decide we want to take a road trip at the last minute, time to shop or eat or do anything we want, anytime we want. I love to shower Tommy with gifts, and I know that won't go away when we have a child. But it will change to some extent. Then we'll both be going crazy buying stuff for the baby!
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with you! Hang in there! It's 5:16, and work is over for the day! Woohoo!