Friday, January 4, 2013

Monthly Preston: Months seven and eight

Month 7

Weight: 16 pounds, 12 ounces
Likes: The Christmas tree, books, his Sofie teething giraffe, playing in his exersaucer, animal noises, and local morning weatherman Greg Dee. When Greg Dee is on the screen, Preston stops, turns and smiles until he's gone. Maybe it's the bow tie or maybe it's the colors on the weather map — either way I wonder if we have a little meteorologist on our hands.
Dislikes: Green beans. His first encounter is captured in the video below. He likes them better now, but at first, it wasn't pretty.
Accomplishments: We've added to his solid food repertoire. He's eating oatmeal, green beans, and peas now.

My family at Thanksgiving; our little turkey; baby in glasses; always smiling; first time in Fayetteville




Month 8

Weight: ~18 lbs.
Likes: Eating wrapping paper, rolling all over the house, looking at himself in the mirror or pictures of himself, his light up lantern and stacking rings.
Dislikes: Having anything taken away from him. Lately, he's become very interested in my phone, and when I take it away from him he throws a fit.
Accomplishments: He's added butternut squash, carrots and avocado to his list of foods. He can also clap, say "da-da-da-da-da-da" and what sounds like "hey!", and stack his stacking rings.


Clockwise from top left: First Christmas; heading home from church; playing in the floor; first snow; sitting in a sleigh; iPad story time; New Year's at midnight; opening gifts

On New Year's day, I was telling Preston all about the new year and what would go on in 2013 (you know, because he understands all of that), and I was probably more taken aback with the fact his first birthday is four months away than he was. (He was far too busy banging his paci against the wall. Priorities.) I can't believe it's gone so fast. Weren't we just bringing him home yesterday? And now he's rolling all over the place, on the verge of crawling, and fascinated with electrical outlets and drawers to pull out. I know every mother laments that her baby is growing up too fast, but there's a reason for it. My baby is just growing up too fast! And I've got a lot of babyproofing to do!

1 comment:

  1. My goodness he is growing up so fast! I love all of these pictures of him, he is just the cutest. And that video is priceless!! He did NOT like those green beans!

    ReplyDelete