I've gone back and forth as to whether I wanted to post my resolutions. I did it once and failed miserably at every resolution I listed. It's embarrassing to publicly fail like that. But that's not the only time I've said that I was going to do something here and then failed. So here's what I'm working on for 2013.
1. Read the Bible completely. I am seven days into this already, and this time Scott is doing it with me. It's good to have someone to keep you accountable. I'm using a chronological reading plan on the Bible app on my iPad. I'm enjoying how it flows so far, and that it reminds me each day to do it. Also, it's six days a week, so there's a catch-up day built in, which is nice and avoids that slippery slope of getting too far behind.
2. Be intentionally kind. I find myself thinking, "Oh, I should do this for so-and-so," a lot and then never following through. I want to change that. To put specifics to a vague goal, each month I want to do one intentionally kind act for someone I'm not related to (family would be too easy, I think). Not in an Oprah's favorite things way. It can be small, like a card, or big, like a meal. It will just motivate me to actively listen to those around me to hear what they need and take that a step farther and act on it.
3. Take time to do something for me. Between husband, baby, work and school, most days the most I do for myself is wash my face and pass out on the couch. I want to change that. I would love to take more time to blog as it is something I enjoy doing and is a nice outlet to write when and what I want to. My goal is to post at least once a week so I can have the memories to look back on as well as get my creative juices flowing.
4. Floss. It just seems like a good thing to do.
There they are, out in the open for you to see if I succeed or fail at them. What are your resolutions for 2013? I'll be rooting you on as you tackle them this year!
[Photo]

Me and Sam are reading through the Bible this year as well! Actually, our church is going through it together, reading The Story (Max Lucado removed verse markers and extraneous verses to make the bible ready like a narrative) and we're having sermons based on the readings every sunday. Starts on January 20, would highly recommend our preacher, he's awesome and you can get his sermons online here: http://www.thebranch.org/the-story
ReplyDeleteLet me know how your journey goes!
I have a long list of goals, but I've tried to make some of them broken up into smaller chunks. I'm not doing the whole Bible, but I have a plan for the OT in 100 days that I'm really excited about. It's also a 6 day plan, so I have a catch-up day.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds great! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete