Thursday, January 31, 2013

Resolutions check-up: January


Seeing how we're 31 days into 2013, I thought it'd be a good time to see how I'm doing with my new year's resolutions. I plan on doing this monthly to stay accountable and hopefully up the odds that I'll be successful at keeping them.

1. Read the Bible completely. As of today, I am 8% of the way through. I got behind a couple of weeks ago and had a big catch-up day Monday, but I am now back on schedule with my daily reading plan. Scott and I have done a poor job of discussing our reading every night because he was gone for a week earlier this month and since then we've both been trying to catch up. We plan to do better this month, though.
2. Be intentionally kind. I accomplished my one random act of kindness goal, and I felt good afterward. It was nice to turn thought into action and see the happiness it brought. I'm not going to go into what I do each month because I'm not looking for public recognition, but I do want to stay accountable to this resolution; that's why I'm simply saying, "I did it!"
3. Take time to do something for me. I blogged seven times this month, not including this one, which averages to be a little less than twice a week. Success!
4. Floss. Flossing fail. (Sorry, Mom.)

So far, my resolutions are faring well. Maybe every month will be as successful as January (but with more flossing).

(For my original post about my resolutions, click here.)

[image]

No comments:

Post a Comment