Friday, June 3, 2011

Flip-flops swap and other summer sundries

(Try saying that five times fast.)


Sometime last month I signed up for my first official blogger-y thing: a flip-flop swap. Hosted by Lyryn's blog, Breaking Through, I would get partnered up with another blogger and, armed with their shoe size, by them a pair of flip-flops while they were buying some for me. I love anything and everything summer related, and what's more summery than flip-flops? I was in.

These pretties popped up in my mailbox this week, thanks to Jennifer from My Dance of Joy. I love the beads on them. They're definitely a step up from my plan old black ones sitting on the back porch. 


Speaking of things sitting on the back porch, check out ol' Sally. She's turning yellow! (Ignore the dead leaves. I'm growing a tomato, not leaves, OK? Besides, someone might have forgotten to water Sally before she left for Oxford.) It's a race to see who will turn red first, and subsequently find themselves on my dinner plate.

Flip-flops and tomatoes — looks like summer to me!

3 comments:

  1. Those are cute! Not to mention could go with anything! Those tomatoes are huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty zoomed in on them. They're bigger than a golf ball, but not as big as a tennis ball. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look awesome!  Glad you joined in! 

    ReplyDelete