Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer lovings

While summer in the South can be a stiflingly hot and humid three or four months, it is still one of my favorite seasons. Even though I no longer get the summers off, it still holds that feeling of freedom and fun. There's just an energetic buzz in the air (that could be the mosquitos, though).

Here are some of my favorite summertime staples:

Playing bean bag toss in the back yard
Cute, colorful sandals
Dresses!! (Summer dresses are my weakness.)
[via]
The squeals of the neighborhood kids playing in the sprinkler
Reading on the beach
My grandma's homemade banana pudding

[via]
White we're on the food topic, ice cream, popsicles and The Bulldog's strawberry shortcake
Warm evening drives with the windows down
Fourth of July fireworks

[via]
Riding bikes
Banishing the winter pale in favor of a summer tan
And of course, going on vacation!

Taken with my cell phone last year
What do you love most about summer? 

(Click here to read a similar post I did last year for fall.)

1 comment:

  1. What I love about summer: grilling, summer veggies, 4th of July, and going out on the boat. 
    What I don't like about summer: sunburns, frizzy hair, and Arkansas heat.

    ReplyDelete