Sunday, June 19, 2011
Happy Fathers Day!
I'd be willing to put money on it, give it over to science for a series of tests, or have Steven Tyler, J.Lo and Randy judge on it (I almost wrote Simon and Paula. I'm a little behind), but I think my dad is the best dad in the world. He's a master griller, expert lawn manicurist, the original grand question asker, superb caregiver, and excellent organizer. He never fails to tell me he loves me and how proud he is of me. If you ever find yourself in need of a stapler, microwave or other assorted items, he undoubtedly has one at the office and will be sure to get it for you. If you ever find your car making funny noises or are unsure how to fill the tires with air, he's got the answer. He'll take you to see a Beatles movie in the theater when no one else will and he'll film almost all of your childhood and have it transferred from VHS to DVDs. He'll also join you in the baptistry in front of the entire congregation when the time comes and walk you down the aisle and give your hand in marriage. I could not ask for a better man to call "daddy," and luckily, I don't have to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment