I can't remember how what grade it was, maybe fourth or fifth, when I learned this song in Sunday school. Our teacher felt that we should know at least one song in its entirety by heart, and she'd chosen "How Great Thou Art." She felt that you could really focus on the words you were singing that way.
This duet with Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill is beautiful. I'm not a huge country fan, despite my Nashville upbringing, but you don't need to be to get caught up in the power of Underwood's voice and the beauty of the song's message.
We serve a great and mighty God. I'm reminded of that in the storms that have passed through lately, in the love of my husband and family, and in the focused remembrance of his sacrifice on Easter Sunday. Take a moment today (and ideally every day, every moment) and allow your heart to sing praise and thanks to the one who made it all. He is great indeed.
wow.
ReplyDeleteshe sang this so well.
i really liked this.
thanks for sharing.
♥elisabeth