Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What I'm loving Wednesday

Linked up at This Kind of Love
After three days of rain, tornado warnings, and all around dreariness, I'm feeling less than perky. I'm like a lizard; my body temperature and mood rely heavily on the sun. Thankfully, it's starting to peak through the clouds, and it's "What I'm Loving Wednesday." You can't be grumpy while listing things you love! So, here I go:

I'm loving that we made it through the storms. Monday night, Scott and I could be found hunkered down in the bathtub with several pillows monitoring the tornado's movement via the Weather Channel app and listening to my favorite weather guy's report over the radio (the satellite had gone out). I'm a panicker when it comes to storms (well, life in general, but tornadoes bring out the worst in me), so I was on the verge of tears when I heard that it was 10 minutes from us. I told Scott that we needed to pray it would miss us, and right at that moment he said it appeared it was turning south and we had nothing to worry about. That was a prompt response.

Trying to protect my head ("That's a big job," Scott said) while still hearing the weather report.
He also said, "I don't want to be on the blog."
I'm loving the weekend visit from my mom and sister. Mom and I spent most of the time going back and forth to Hancocks Fabrics for supplies for our skirt project. For the first time since I was probably 12, I sat down willingly at the sewing machine for mom to teach me. I'll showcase the finished project once I sew the hook closures to it. 

I'm loving this sign, which is incredibly appropriate given the weather, my mood and my blessings.


Bits & pieces: Strawberry and blueberry tea; seeing little yellow flowers pop up on my tomato plant, Sally; nearing the end of The Girl who Played With Fire; planning weekend getaways; and that Scott's graduation is one week closer!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are ok!!! What awesome things you are loving today! Hope you had a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The storms are headed our way tonight! I hope I don't have to spend the night in the tub! lol

    ReplyDelete