![]() |
| [via] |
If you don't think that picture is the sweetest thing you've ever seen, then you and the Tinman need to hobble on down the yellow brick road and find yourselves a heart before it's too late. I love weddings. I love love. And I especially love weddings produced on a grand scale. All of the sweet, stolen glances they exchanged during the ceremony just got me. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes because I was just so happy that they were so happy — two people I don't even know. (I've said it once, and I'll say it again, I'm a cryer, through and through. I wept during the soldier homecoming montage they decided to play during Spring Sing. And who cries during Spring Sing, except those bored to tears and dragged there against their will?)
And amid all of the hubbub of the ceremony, I think the true meaning of the day was captured best by one of the British corespondents. With the Today Show's "Countdown to the Kiss" clock ticking in the corner of the screen, he remarked that the most important part, easily overlooked in the grandeur of this day, was addressed in the prayer the Church of England had written especially for the wedding, which in part said, "look in favour on William and Catherine and all who are made one in marriage. In your love deepen their love and strengthen their wills to keep the promises they will make, that they may continue in life-long faithfulness to each other."
The point of the wedding is not in the details of that day but in the resulting union. Yes, even if you're not a future duchess, the wedding planning and frenzy can cloud your view. After all, a lasting marriage is more important than a pretty wedding.
That doesn't mean that I didn't stare at my closet in disgust this morning, realizing I had nothing with lace sleeves to wear today. You win some, you lose some, I guess.

I don't know how I feel about the bride. She has a look out of her eye that is enjoying this all just a little too much. But i love her dress!!!
ReplyDeletecomment edit..."look out of her eye that says she is enjoying this all just a little too much."
ReplyDeleteyep, she looked pretty lovely. very grace kelly. i loved the little girl plugging her ears on the balcony, so presh! :)
ReplyDeleteI cried too! It was such a touching and memorable wedding :) So beautiful.
ReplyDeleteNew follower, please stop on by!
http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/