Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What I'm loving Wednesday

Linked up at This Kind of Love
I'm loving the random community events Scott and I get to attend through the bank. On Friday night, we went to a fundraiser for the local detoxification/residential treatment program for people with drug addictions. While the highlight of the night was supposed to be hearing former Arkansas Razorbacks talk about their time on the team, what really resonated with me were the moving testimonies of several recovering addicts who had been through the treatment center. Their stories of finding themselves at the lowest of lows and, through grace and the help of those at the center, found themselves sober and trying to undo the wrongs of their past were beautiful. 

I'm loving that I won a sewing lesson at Bunco last night! I'd been lamenting most of the week that I can't sew and just want to be able to make a simple skirt. I should've listened when mom tried to teach me. As luck would have it, my Easter egg coupon (such a cute idea) was for a sewing lesson. Well, at first it was a pedicure, but that got stolen from me. No hard feelings though. I'm excited about my sewing lesson.

DesignYOURlookBlogVoteBanner

I'm loving if you would vote for me in the Jess LC Design Your Look contest! (Shameless. Just shameless.) Simply click here and write "Jennifer H. Facebook" in the comments. It's that easy! Some jewelry and $200 could be mine if you do (not to mention bragging rights over some girl named Tequila).

Bits and pieces: picnics on the front lawn; the royal wedding in Legos; the Chalk n' Talk app (it's like Pictionary); "Cosmic Love" by Florence and the Machine; and this picture because it speaks to my soul.

[via]

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your sewing lesson win! I wish I knew how to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great cause you got to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete