Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What I'm loving Wednesday

Linked up at This Kind of Love
I'm loving my little tomato plant. It's become like my child. I worry about it and check on it several times a day. I brought it under the cover of the patio during the terrible thunderstorms on Monday because I didn't think it could handle the wind. Thanks to Cassie, it is now known as Sally in honor of the character in Breakfast at Tiffany's, Sally Tomato. I'm toying with the idea of weekly pictures of its growth like people take weekly pictures of their growing baby belly. Yeah, it's reached a crazy point.

I'm loving Pinterest. It's become my new Internet addiction. Basically, you can "pin" things you find around the Web to one centralized location, with links so you can find it later. It beats my "Ideas" folder on my desk top, full of swiped Facebook pictures of people's hair I like and jumbled Etsy listings. I have several boards in progress: style inspiration, hair ideas, what my future child's nursery will look like, crocheted stuff (which includes a really awesome ball of yarn and crochet hook tattoo), and the Beatles, as seen below.


I'm loving seeing God's hand active in my life. Scott and I decided we needed to improve our prayer life, namely in prayer with each other. We started last night and are already seeing God at work. It's amazing and sad how easy it is to neglect one of the most powerful "tools" provided to us.

Bits and pieces: Greek salads; playing bean bag toss in the backyard with my beau; alliteration; and raspberries.

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog! My favorite "love" is that you two are such a young coule and that you're making prayer a part of your lives together. Sweet post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,
    I was looking at your pinterest site and I love it! I sent in a request for an invite and am currently on the waiting list. I was just wondering: how long did it take you to get your invitation? Thanks!! Loving your blog!

    teawithmrskee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. natashafoltynewiczApril 6, 2011 at 11:10 PM

    Love it! and how have I never heard of this website?! much check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing along!

    I've never heard of Pinterest but it looks so neat!

    ReplyDelete