Seeing as there's not a song with that same title, I went for another one:
Short People by Randy Newman
Back in grade school, I really didn't like being short. I was always the one getting picked up or picked on. Whenever we'd play "cheerleaders" on the playground, they pushed me on top of the pyramid against my will. I couldn't reach the chin-up bar or the monkey bars. The list goes on.
As I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate it more. Thanks to my size, I'll be forever "cute," pants are easily hemmed, and I've become quite adapt at climbing onto countertops to get down whatever I need in the cabinets (or leaving whatever needs to be put up in said cabinet on the countertop because I "can't reach"). Plus, I'm five foot even, which feeds my need for all numbers to be multiples of five.
I end with my short family, which leads me to another song, "One of These Things Is Not Like the Other."

No comments:
Post a Comment