Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day three: A song that makes me happy

When I sat down to write this, I found myself getting stuck on the cliched "happy" songs, like "Come On Get Happy" by the Partridge Family or "Don't Worry, Be Happy" by that one guy... And while I know that a salute to David Cassidy and his feathered locks would make my mom happy, it's not really my ideal happy song.

I know I stewed over this one for too long, though. I mean, it's just asking for a song that makes me happy, not the song that makes me happy, so it can be anything, right? It's not for a grade or anything.

So, I submit to you...

"Winter Winds" by Mumford and Sons

One word: Banjo.

Need more than that? Get to 1:20 in the video and look at the sheer joy on their faces when they sing that note. That is why this song makes me happy.

Runners up:
"I've Got My Mind Set on You" by George Harrison
"Blow It Out" by The Features

No comments:

Post a Comment