Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 16: A song I used to love but now hate

Most of the preteen memories I recall are accompanied with a heavy eye roll. I did a bajillion embarrassing things in such a short time span. There were the things I couldn't help, like braces, acne and glasses (all at the same time, too. Puberty has a mean sense of humor). And there were the things I willingly brought upon myself, like the PowerPuff Girl t-shirts, backward cap wearing phase, the never wearing any color phase, terrible haircuts and inability to style my own hair, drawing in washable marker all over my jeans, money spent on Beanie Babies and accessories at Claire's, finding everything on Nickelodeon to be hilarious, and getting all of my favorite artists from Disney Channel concerts.

One such "favorite" was B*Witched, and I loved their song "C'est La Vie."


I tried to listen through it for old time's sake and to give myself material for the rest of this post, but I couldn't. It's obnoxious. Their voices are grating. The lyrics don't even make sense.

This is how I know my parents really do love me because, if my kid walked around the house blaring that stuff, the CD would be broken and thrown out the window. So, thanks, Mom and Dad, for allowing me to make terrible, non-life-threatening choices. You've given me something to look back on and shake my head at, thinking, "Look how relatively normal I've become."

2 comments:

  1. Aww, Mrs. Hannigan. I'm looking through all of these and chuckling to myself. It's the next best thing to hearing you in person. I'm loving this song series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Mrs. Hannigan. I'm looking through all of these and chuckling to myself. It's the next best thing to hearing you in person. I'm loving this song series!

    ReplyDelete